Thursday, September 13, 2012

1st day in Barcelona

Today I got to know the city by walking down the busiest part of Barcelona; starting at Placa de Catalunya and ending at the beach.  I started at La Sagrada Familia, a church inspired by Gaudi that is still being built.  At the moment it has 4 spires completed but the final design has 18.  The detail was incredible and I hope to go back and get better pictures than the few I have now.  And the last stop through was at the beach.


Later around 9:30 I went to Font Magica, or Magic Fountain.  It was a huge fountain controlled by computers and put to colourful lights and opera music. It was beautiful and entrancing to watch.  I'll try to post a video by facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. When did they start building the church? They have a ways to go. If you think you need a tripod you should buy one. I know it is something more to carry around but I'll fund it. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete