Monday, October 29, 2012

Amsterdam, Netherlands




View of a church and floating chinese restaurant

"Coffee Shop" in downtown Amsterdam
Canal in Amsterdam
Canal view of a church tower

I haven't posted in quite a while but about a week ago I was in Amsterdam for four days.  The city was beautiful and I had a good time.  The old buildings and surrounding canals were gorgeous. Every street was cobblestone and I even saw construction workers fixing a street and still doing it in cobblestone.  The weirdest thing was that the entire town literally rode bicycles everywhere, bikes outnumbered cars by a long shot.  Because of that, it was a really quiet and calming city to be in; definitely a different culture compared to the other cities I've been in here in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment